This website (halongbaydoriscruise.com) collects some Personal Data from its Users. Halong Bay Doris Cruise respects your privacy and we are firmly committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information and to maintaining various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information in our care.
1. What personal information do we collect?
The type of personal information we collect about you is the information that is needed to facilitate your travel arrangements and bookings and to arrange travel related services and/or products on your behalf. For example, we may collect details such as your name, residential/mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit/debit card details (including card type, card number, security number and expiry date), passport details, information about your dietary requirements and health issues (if any), and other details relevant to your travel arrangements or required by the relevant travel service providers.
In some circumstances, we may collect personal information from you which may be regarded as sensitive information under your local data protection laws. We will only collect sensitive information in compliance with your local data protection laws, with your consent. We will not use sensitive information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless we subsequently receive your consent to use it for another purpose.
2. How do we collect personal information?
We will collect your information when you make something in the following situations:
- Making a booking
- In a contact form
- Making an enquiry
- Subscribing to our newsletter
In some circumstances, it may be necessary for us to collect personal information about you from a third party. This includes where a person makes a travel booking on your behalf which includes travel arrangements to be used by you (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for you by your employer). Where this occurs, we will rely on the authority of the person making the travel booking to act on behalf of any other traveller on the booking. By providing your personal information to us, either directly or through a family member, employer or other agent or representative in connection with a travel booking or related service, you will be deemed to have consented to your personal information being collected by us and used and disclosed in accordance with this Policy. When you make a travel booking on behalf of another person, you agree you have obtained the consent of the other person for Halong Bay Doris Cruise to collect, use and disclose the other person’s personal information in accordance with this Policy and that you have otherwise made the other person aware of this Policy.
3. How do we use and disclose your personal information?
Where you contact us in relation to a travel booking or query, the primary purpose for which we collect your personal information is generally to provide you with travel advice to assist you with booking travel, travel related products and services.
By continuing to use our services and providing us with personal information (or allowing another person to do so on your behalf), you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, and, where permitted by your local data protection laws, for any related secondary purpose which we believe you would reasonably expect.
Where permitted by local data protection laws, we may use your personal information to send you targeted marketing activities relating to our products and services (and those of third parties) that we think may interest you, unless you have requested not to receive such information. You can subscribe to receive e-newsletters and other electronic promotional/marketing materials by following the relevant links on our website or requesting one of our consultants to do so for you.
Should you no longer wish to receive promotional/marketing material from us, please contact us or unsubscribe from receiving electronic marketing materials by following the unsubscribe prompt in your email, SMS, MMS, iM or other form of electronic marketing.
4. Is personal information disclosed to third parties?
YES. Your personal information may be disclosed to the following types of third parties:
- Suppliers of IT based solutions that assist us in providing products and services to you.
- Publishers, printers and distributors of marketing material.
- Marketing, market research, research and analysis and communications agencies.
- Mailing houses, freight services, courier services. External business advisers.
- Travel service providers such as travel wholesalers, tour operators, airlines, hotels, car rental companies, transfer handlers and other related service providers.
- A person making your travel booking on your behalf, where you are travelling on a booking made on your behalf by another person (for example, a family member, friend or work colleague).
- Your employer, where you are an employee of one of our corporate, business or government clients and you are participating in an event or travelling for work purposes.
- As required or authorised by applicable law, and to comply with our legal obligations.
- Customs and immigration to comply with our legal obligations and any applicable customs/immigration requirements relating to your travel. Government agencies and public authorities, to comply with a valid and authorized request, including a court order or other valid legal process.
- Various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies, including to protect against fraud and for related security purposes. Enforcement agencies where we suspect that unlawful activity has been or may be engaged in and the personal information is a necessary part of our investigation or reporting of the matter.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety of an individual or to public health or safety or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body.
5. IP addresses
When you access our website, our website may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address. An IP address is a series of numbers which identify your computer, and which are generally assigned when you access the internet. Alone, IP addresses are not personal information, as any one computer or device may be used by multiple people (i.e. it is not possible to ascertain the identity of a user simply from the computer or device being used).
We may use IP addresses for system administration, investigation of security issues and compiling anonymised data regarding usage of our website. We may also link IP addresses to other personal information we hold about you and use it for the purposes described in “4. Is personal information disclosed to third parties?”
6. Security of information
Halong Bay Doris Cruise has implemented various physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect the personal information it holds from loss and misuse, and from unauthorized access, modification, disclosure and interference. We regularly reviews security technologies and will strive to protect your personal information as fully as we protect our own confidential information. We is not responsible for any third party’s actions or their security controls with respect to information that third parties may collect or process via their websites, services or otherwise.
Halong Bay Doris Cruise will destroy or de-identify personal information once we no longer require it for our business purposes, or as required by law.
7. Changes to our Policy
We may amend this Policy from time to time. If we make a change to the Policy, the revised version will be posted on our website at https://halongbaydoriscruise.com/privacy-policy/. It is your responsibility, and we encourage you, to check the website from time to time in order to determine whether there have been any changes.